New TANDEM programme supports cultural organisations building cross-border partnerships between Ukraine and EU. Deadline for application: 15 September, 2014.
Ukraine is a country in turmoil; major social and political changes have a high impact on the understanding and communication between different groups and regions in the country. Now, more than ever, there is an urgent need to promote social cohesion and support the search for mutual understanding. Arts and culture can play a crucial role as a uniting force between people.
The new TANDEM programme “Dialogue for Change” is based on our belief that, especially in times of crisis and transition, working together on tangible cross-border collaborations supports not only dialogue, but also allows for the development of new forms of civic engagement, supporting a process of social transformation.
- a platform for long-term cooperation between change agents from Ukraine and the 28 EU member states to strengthen their capacities in community development and conflict resolution through the arts
- participation in a dynamic, intensive one-year programme with an open and shared learning process (including expert impulses, peer-to-peer exchange, work placements, study visits, network meetings)
- the opportunity to co-create an innovative, interdisciplinary pilot project, which enhances processes of community and social transformation and strengthens local democratic dialogue
- a growing pan-European network of cultural change makers
We are looking for independent cultural and civil society organisations that:
- work in different areas of arts and culture, community development, participation and engagement in the arts and non-formal cultural education
- co-design their cultural and social projects addressing challenges in their communities and creating a space for mutual understanding between various groups in society
- are ready to share relevant experiences in conflict resolution, social transformation or democratic dialogue processes and motivated to experiment with new formats
Your organisation is eligible if:
- you are based in Ukraine or in one of the 28 EU member states
- you have relevant skills, capacity and resources to participate in the intensive one-year programme
English proficiency is an important condition for successful collaboration within the TANDEM framework.
Selected participants receive reimbursement for travel and living costs and a start-up grant for their joint TANDEM pilot project.
For further information about the programme, conditions of participation and application, please find more detailed information on the programme page.
The deadline for application is September 15th, 2014 (midnight CET).